Thursday, June 10, 2010

Beauty 101

"Beauty is self-confidence applied directly to the face."

It's a way of thinking.

It's a way of acting.

It's basically just believing in yourself.

Is it vain to have a day when you really like what you look like?

What if I like the way that I look when I look like crap?

Maybe I look the best on my crap days because I'm more confident in what I'm wearing.

Give me a pair of shorts, cutoff T, hair up, little eyeliner, old adidas sandals, I'm feeling good. Showing off the tan lines, nicely toned muscles; wonky me.

The key is accepting who you are.

Yeah, yeah, totally cliche. But it's the truth. Check it out:

Yeah, there's things about me that aren't ideal. Bushy eyebrows, frizzy humidity prone hair, extremely muscular calves & arms, thunder thighs, minor gut, slight acne, wonky toes, A; the norm.

But any of those things can be good things.
Bushy eyebrows; more to work with. Dark enough so my eyes really pop.
Frizzy humidity prone hair; helps me discover new hairstyles, tips & tricks for handling it.
Extremely muscular calves & arms; farm work requires it...and it comes in handy while intimidating mean people. ;)
Thunder thighs; fat people are harder to kidnap. :)
Minor gut; that pesky region keeps me working hard, and to stay in shape.
Slight acne; it happens. You learn, you deal.
Wonky toes; I can wear pointier toed shoes than most people can!
A; at least they don't get in the way!

And then there's everything you like about yourself.

Pretty, big, chameleon, dark eyes. My cheeks. Jawline. Long giraffe neck. Bubbly, strong shoulders. Little waist. The way I look in structured shirts. Badonkadonk. Linebacker calves (it's a love/hate relationship). My back. My ankles. The freckles on my nose. My eyelashes. The shape of my lips. The versatility of my hair. The color of my skin (I'm not being racist, I just like the color I am at the moment. Like on a scale of pasty to dark I'm on a good shade. :)).

Live for yourself.

Strive for yourself.

If you don't like it...

Suck it up, & deal.

C'est la vie. C'est la guerre. C'est la pomme de terre.


Toodles,
Wakkawakkawakka...

No comments:

Post a Comment